Home / Detail
Dr. Olaro Charles
Commissioner/Executive Director NHLDS/UNHLS - Conference Chairperson
Dr. Olaro Charles is the Director Curative Services at the Ministry of Health, Uganda since April 2017. He is the Chair FP2030 Country Donor Focal Points and Member of FP2030 Global Board. He holds MBChB and MMed Surgery from Makerere University. He also holds Master of Science in Health Services Management, Uganda Martyrs University, Nkozi and Master of Business Administration, Eastern and Southern African Management Institute.
He is Honorary Fellow, College of Surgeons of East Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) and recipient of 2014 International Visitors Leadership Program on Global Women’s Health Issues under the United States Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- Test & Treat Initiative: Official launch & introduction; for Early Cancer Prevention, Detection, diagnosis, and linkage to care for successful treatment
- Close the cancer Care Gap: Delivering commitment and creating synergies across countries, governments, and partners
- Amplifying stakeholders’ voices to apply the principles of meaningful & sustainable engagement & participation of all in cancer control programs
- Improved quality in cancer research, surveillance & innovations
- Realization of avenues for affordable & accessible cancer detection, diagnosis, treatment, and Palliative Care services
- Increased access to cancer screening, testing, and diagnostic supplies across all levels of care