Home / Detail
Dr. Mutungi Gerald
Ass. Commissioner NCD
Dr. Gerald Mutungi is a medical doctor and a public health specialist having qualified with a bachelor of Medicine and a bachelor surgery from Makerere University and a Masters of Public Health from the University of New South Wales, Australia. He also holds a Masters of Health Services Management of the University of New South Wales, Australia.
Public health Education
Non communicable diseases
Dr Gerald Mutungi is the Assistant Commissioner/ NCDs prevention and control Department at Ministry of Health, Uganda. His roles include coordination of all efforts geared to prevent and control NCDs in the country.
- Test & Treat Initiative: Official launch & introduction; for Early Cancer Prevention, Detection, diagnosis, and linkage to care for successful treatment
- Close the cancer Care Gap: Delivering commitment and creating synergies across countries, governments, and partners
- Amplifying stakeholders’ voices to apply the principles of meaningful & sustainable engagement & participation of all in cancer control programs
- Improved quality in cancer research, surveillance & innovations
- Realization of avenues for affordable & accessible cancer detection, diagnosis, treatment, and Palliative Care services
- Increased access to cancer screening, testing, and diagnostic supplies across all levels of care