Home / Detail
Dr. Mwebasa G. Henry
Director General Health Services, Ministry of Health
Dr. Henry Gatyanga Mwebesa has experience spanning 31 years in the health sector. He has grown on merit and performance through all the ranks in the Ministry of Health from a Medical Practitioner in a General hospital, through all the Health Management positions in the Ministry of Health to the highest rank of Director General Health Services, a position he currently holds.
He has prolonged experience working closely with Development Partners, the Private Sector, other Government Ministries, and Civil Society Organizations to strengthen Partnerships with the MOH.
- Test & Treat Initiative: Official launch & introduction; for Early Cancer Prevention, Detection, diagnosis, and linkage to care for successful treatment
- Close the cancer Care Gap: Delivering commitment and creating synergies across countries, governments, and partners
- Amplifying stakeholders’ voices to apply the principles of meaningful & sustainable engagement & participation of all in cancer control programs
- Improved quality in cancer research, surveillance & innovations
- Realization of avenues for affordable & accessible cancer detection, diagnosis, treatment, and Palliative Care services
- Increased access to cancer screening, testing, and diagnostic supplies across all levels of care